If you are playing roulette for the first time, you may be wondering which is the safest bet to choose. The first thing you must understand is that roulette is a game of chance. Nevertheless, players can apply different roulette betting strategies to boost their chances of winning.
Roulette is specifically popular in both land-based and online casinos. Like many casino table games, roulette has different versions. The good thing is the rules of playing are the same. The biggest difference in the games is in the variety of bets.
Therefore, whether you are new or have been playing roulette for some time and you wish to increase your odds of winning, this article is for you. We've shared the best roulette strategy and other reliable betting systems you can use. Carry on reading to find out the safest roulette bets to try out.
Choosing the Safest Roulette Betting Strategy
As mentioned earlier, this guide aims to help you find the best strategy to use in roulette games. We've explained the various factors you must keep in mind when looking for the best roulette strategies:
- Type of Roulette Game: Even though you play roulette games with the same rule, they offer different odds of winning. Ensure you know the odds to determine the right strategy to use.
- Betting Limits: It is essential to understand the betting limit of the roulette game you are playing and that of other variations. Roulette games have different betting limits to accommodate people of all budgets. Make sure you know the minimum bet and maximum bet of the game.
- Types of Bets: Each roulette betting system involves playing different types of bets. To apply these systems successfully, you must ensure you understand how each of them works.
- House Edge: The house edge in European and French roulette games is different from the American roulette wheel. Thus, it is vital to know the house edge and how it affects the odds of winning.
The Best Online Roulette Bets and Payout Odds
Before you delve into playing roulette, you must understand the different types of bets. A standard roulette wheel has two main types of bets - the outside bets and the inside bets. Also, some roulette variations have called bets. The bets follow different rules and have varying odds.
Nonetheless, many people prefer outside wagers as the best roulette bets because they are straightforward and with regular payouts. Since these bets have a lower risk, the odds of winning tend to be in favor of the player. The drawback of outside bets is the payouts are significantly smaller than the inside bets.
The following are different types of outside and inside bets and the payout odds:
Outside Bets and Payout Odds
- Column Bet: It's a wager covering 12 numbers on the roulette table and a payout ratio of 2:1.
- Dozens Bet: This bet also covers 12 numbers and pays 2:1.
- Odds or Even Bet: It's a bet on whether the outcome will be an odd or even number. Even money bets payout 1:1.
- Red or Black Bet: You bet on whether the ball lands in a red or black pocket on the roulette wheel. It has an even money bet payout of 1:1.
- High or Low Bet: This bet is made half of the numbers on the roulette wheel. Low numbers range between 1 to 18, and the high numbers are from 19 to 36.
Inside Bets and Payout Odds
- Straight Up Bet: It's a bet on any number and offers a payout rate of 35:1.
- Corner Bet: It's a wager on four numbers forming a square and offers a payout ratio of 8:1.
- Split Bet: Split bets cover two adjustment numbers and offer payout odds of 17:1.
- 5-Number Bet: It's a bet on five numbers and offers a payout of 6:1.
- 6-Number Bet: It's a bet of six numbers and offers a payout of 5:1.
- Street Bet: It's a three-number bet and offers a payout of 11:1.
Other best bets in roulette games include straight bets, line bets, combination bets,
Best Roulette Strategies
The advantage when you play roulette online is that you can apply different strategies and betting systems to maximize the opportunities of winning. These roulette tips and strategies will work differently depending on the game and playing style. It is essential to understand that we have progressive and non-progressive betting strategies.
Without any further ado, these are the most popular betting strategies for new and experienced players:
James Bond Roulette Strategy
The James Bond strategy is everyone's favorite in the game of roulette. However, this betting system is suitable only for those planning to play for an extended time.
It works in a pretty simple way and allows you to play with multiples of $200. The initial bet of $140 is on numbers 19 and 36; the second bet of $50 is on numbers 13 to 18, and the last bet of $10 is on the single zero in European roulette games. The interesting thing is the James Bond strategy is expected to work 2 out of 3 times if it is used accordingly.
Another popular betting system is the Martingale strategy. The betting strategy is based on the idea that you will win eventually and recover the lost bets. It works like even money bets where you get a 50/50 chance of winning. With the Martingale system, you must double your bet when you lose. The challenge of this strategy is that you may overspend while chasing your losing bets.
The Bottom Line - Which is the Safest Bet in Roulette?
Many factors determine a safe bet in roulette. First, the type of roulette wheel will determine the odds of winning. Since French and European roulette features a low house edge of 2.7, they are the favorite games of many people. On the other hand, American roulette has the highest house advantage of 5.26%.
When it comes to bets, we recommend outside bets, especially for beginners. Although the payouts are smaller, they occur regularly. Inside bets have big payouts; the problem is they take much longer to appear.
Unlike other luck-based online casino games, you can follow tips and betting strategies to increase your chances of winning a roulette game. Ensure you master roulette rules before playing at your best online casinos.
What is the best bet in a roulette game?
Generally, the best wager in roulette is an even-money bet, like the red/black, even/odd, etc. These bets have relatively low payouts, but they happen frequently.
Which is the highest payout odds in roulette?
The best roulette payout odds are 35 to 1 on a straight-up bet. The chances of winning are higher in European roulette than in American roulette games.