Many variations of roulette are available in US online casinos. Roulette attracts many punters with its straightforward rules and immersive gameplay. While these games follow the same rules, the types of bets may vary from one version to another.
A street bet is quite common in European roulette. It is an additional wager that covers one or more rows of consecutive numbers. Street bets are placed on the betting layout, on the inside bets area.
This article provides everything you should know about street bets in online roulette games. We've covered the difference between street bets and straight-up betting, the payout odds, and reasons why many roulette players prefer these wagers.
What is a Street Bet in Roulette?
A street bet, also known as a line bet, is available in roulette games. It is an inside bet placed on a row of three consecutive numbers on the layout. The good thing with the street bet is it offers payouts odd of 11 to 1. This makes this wager less risky than a straight-up bet. They are called inside bets because you place betting chips on the inside area of the roulette table.
Online Roulette Street Bet Numbers and Chip Placement
The first thing you must understand when placing a street bet is that it has 12 options. They comprise 12 rows of three number betting system. The numbers in these roulette bets can be 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36; 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29, 32, 35; and 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, 34.
However, if you wish the bet to include numbers 22-23-24, you can choose to place one or more chips on the line at the end of the number 22. The number is below the three consecutive figures. Also, you can place a chip on the end of number 4, where the street bet on that line will include numbers 5 and 6.
Furthermore, placing a chip on a street bet is pretty simple. The first thing is to click on the street bet area, and the game will position your chips. The game should have the option to delete the previous bet if you make a mistake. Half of the chips you place will show up outside of the outer layout and the other half on the inside part of the numbered grid.
Nevertheless, you must understand that there are variations in how the betting chip is placed in street betting systems. It depends on the roulette table layout. If the green zero pockets in marked on the left or right side, the street bets can be made on the outside grid line, on the end of a lower or higher number of three consecutive street bets.
The thumb rule is that you place bets on the player's side and not the dealer's side on the roulette table. However, the design of some casino roulette games, like the American roulette table, varies from the French roulette game.
Win Probability and House Edge in Street Bet
The probability of winning varies depending on the bets you are playing. For example, if you are playing a European roulette wheel, you have 3 to 37 or 8.1% chances of winning bets. While the American wheel offers a 3 to 38 or 7.9% chance of winning from each spin. Clearly, American Roulette has a higher house advantage than any other roulette casino game.
The good thing is that you can cover more numbers but avoid going up to a six-line bet by covering 4 with the finale en Plein wagers.
In addition, the house edge in street bets is too different from what you find in other standard roulette games. If your choice is an American game, you will play with a house edge of 5.26%, but the European wheel features an edge of 2.63% because of the single zero layouts.
Other Types of Roulette Bets
As mentioned earlier, street bets belong to the category of inside roulette bets. This implies that you place the bet on the inner part of the table layout. Besides the street bet, here are different combination bets you will find when playing roulette online games:
Straight-Up Bet: Straight bet is when you place a single number bet. The winning payout for this bet is 35 to1. Even though it is a simple bet, the chances of winning are lower, but the returns are big.
Below are popular types of roulette betting options. They include popular inside and outside bets you place on roulette games.
- Split Bet: This is a straight-up double bet as it covers two adjacent numbers in between two numbers. The payout odds for this bet is 17 to 1.
- Corner Bet: A corner bet has many similarities with a street bet. The only exception is that you are betting four chips at once instead of the usual three-number bet.
- Line Bets: A line bet features two rows with three numbers each. You place the betting chip at the end of two rows containing three numbers each. The payout for a line bet is 5 to 1.
- Double Street Bet: A double street is a low-risk strategy since you bet with six chips in each round. The chips can cover up to 17 roulette numbers. As the name suggests, you must make six chips each round, and the chips cover 17 numbers on the roulette table layout. The good thing about the bet size is that it depends on the bankroll size.
- Call Bets: Call bets are unique as they require you to match or raise a wager. With call bets, a betting round ends when all the active players stake the same amount of money. Call bets are sometimes announced bets, and they don't use any chips on the roulette table.
- Other Types of Roulette Bets: The different bets you can play in roulette games are basket bets and single bets.
The Bottom Line
Conclusively, the street bet is a simple wage to understand in roulette games. You will find many online casinos in the US with popular versions of roulette. As you are aware, the gameplay might be different, but the rules and objectives of roulette are the same.
When choosing the best roulette online casinos, make sure it is licensed and regulated by recognized authorities like the Malta Gaming Authority and the Gambling Commission. Also, the casino site must use advanced security systems like SSL to encrypt all the information that you share. Always remember to gamble responsibly.